Happy Friday to all of yinz and thanks for sticking around.
Hitting a bit of a lull in the NFL calendar that’ll last about another two weeks before the 2020 NFL Combine arrives. Ben Roethlisberger is also scheduled to meet with doctors exactly one week from today so in the near future, we should have some sort of update on how that check-up went.
I’m filling in for Dave Bryan, who will be back on Monday. We’ll return with The Terrible Podcast Tuesday now that we’re in our offseason, Tuesday/Friday setup. Lot to talk about now that Kevin Colbert has spoken with the media and hinted at some of their future decisions.
As usual, I have five questions for yinz to answer during this Friday night and I hope to see several participate.
Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone. Peace and love, peace and love!
1. The Steelers have publicly said they don’t expect to add a QB to the roster this offseason. On a scale of 1-10 (ten being most confident), how confident are you in the backups being Ben Roethlisberger? The expected three to battle during camp are Mason Rudolph, Devlin Hodges, and Paxton Lynch. There’s also JT Barrett for all you Ohio State fans.
2. Javon Hargrave announced today he’s signed with Drew Rosenhaus. Predict what contract he’ll receive this offseason. Years and overall money (4 years, $60 million, for example).
3. Roethlisberger aside, what current Steeler has the best chance to make it into the Hall of Fame?
4. Yesterday, Kevin Colbert said he feels more confident coming off this 8-8 year than he did this time last season, when the team was 9-6-1. Do you agree? Are you more confident heading into this offseason than last offseason?
5. We talk plenty about pending Steelers’ free agents. Where will Tyler Matakevich play in 2020? Will he seek money and a better defensive opportunity a la LJ Fort or will he continue to call Pittsburgh home?
Question 1: The XFL has not captured our interest yet. 61% of Steelers Depot respondents said they would not watch any of the XFL games last weekend. Just three folks were going to watch while 26% said maybe.
Question 2: The New York Guardians was the favorite XFL logo among respondents. The Dallas Renegades were next. Each XFL logo except for the LA Wildcats got at least one vote. Back to the drawing board.
Question 3: 74% of respondents don’t think the Steelers should draft a running back in the second or third round. Most favored picking linemen.
Question 4: 56% of respondents said they have a twitter account, but usage varied from rarely if ever used to daily.
Question 5: We were all over the place with movies seen in the past six months. 1917 had the most mentions.